Are you passionate about entrepreneurship? Are you inspired by our mission to foster small business communities through mentoring and education? Are you looking for career, volunteer or internship opportunities that are fulfilling and rewarding?
SCORE is always on the lookout for people that are committed to our goal of fueling small business success in America. We offer full- and part-time employment and contract opportunities in our headquarters in Herndon, Virginia. You can find volunteer and internship opportunities in our chapters across the country.
Learn more about our careers below. Contact your local chapter to find out how you can get involved in your local community.
The Learning Manager works under the direction of the Director of Organizational Development to support volunteers and the Field Operations team in its efforts to strengthen and maintain the training and education program as well as other key resources for our volunteers in order to provide the best service possible to SCORE’s clients.
SCORE has a network of over 300 chapters and approximately 11,000 volunteers across the United States. Applicants should be energized by the recruitment, training, and education of these skilled volunteers at every point in their SCORE career in the pursuit of SCORE’s mission to support vibrant small business communities.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, proactive problem solver, and action-oriented team player. S/he must also be committed to providing superior service, be poised under fast-paced pressure and have a positive, flexible, “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Support the SCORE”s professional development and learning program for volunteers. This includes:
- Maintain SCORE’s Learning Management System, Topyx
- Generate reports in SCORE’s Learning Management System, Topyx
- Upload, track, and support online learning modules for reporting
- Maintain data on modules, such as evaluations
- Lead the development of new online modules or events to increase learning opportunities for volunteers at a local or national level
- Support annual conference: Work with a team on details regarding agenda, content, speakers, awards, and logistics for the SCORE annual National Leadership Conference.
- Coordinate annual conference registration and communication with attendees
- Facilitate content development to build a strong conference agenda
- Attend the National Leadership Conference and provide on-site logistical and session facilitation support
- Support and maintain volunteer support resources. This includes:
- Support internal webinars
- Update and maintain SCORE’s social media for volunteers – LinkedIn and Volunteer Match
- Ensure consistent format and branding across all learning materials
- Proof content from partners and volunteers as needed
- Maintain inventory of content on our volunteer website and provide updates as needed
- Review and edit toolkits for chapters on topics relevant to SCORE’s small business clients. These toolkits are meant to be “workshops in a box” for SCORE chapters to use around the country.
- Support the Field Operations Team
- Support the overall Field Ops team on national initiatives such as volunteer recruiting efforts, and onboarding program adoption
- Travel to chapter or district meetings to deliver presentations or provide training support on team initiatives (as needed).
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training & Development, Adult Learning, or related field preferred
- Experience with in-person and virtual training
- Experience working with skilled volunteers
- Highly organized self-starter with a drive to learn and the ability to work independently, collaboratively and under deadline pressure;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google applications
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with learning management systems in general or Topyx specifically, preferred
- Experience working as a mentor preferred
- Experience with small business/entrepreneurship education preferred
- Project management experience
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or other inquiries, please.
The backbone of the SCORE Association is our mentors. But let's face it; mentoring is not for everyone. If you want to help SCORE and small businesses in your community, there are other volunteer roles available. These options include but aren't limited to:
- Administrative Support
- Marketing Chair/ Committee
- Finance Chair/ Committee
- Community Outreach
- Workshop Presenter/ Event Coordinator
- Education & Training
Contact your local chapter chair and discuss how you can get involved or submit a volunteer application online.